AAUW - Tarrant County Branch Scholarship
Criteria for eligibility:
- Must be currently enrolled at or entering Tarrant County College.
- Must intend to pursue an associate degree.
- Must intend to continue studies toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum TCC GPA of 2.75 OR
- Must have a high school equivalent or a passing GED score if a first-time TCC student.
- Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours for period of award.
- Must be a resident of Tarrant County for at least 12 months.
- This is a merit-based scholarship and determination of financial need is not required.
- One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who addresses the importance of leadership and/or volunteerism in their community with possible examples of personal experience in school, work or volunteerism in their essay.
- Donor favors volunteerism with other qualifications being equal, candidate with a history of volunteer and/or leadership is preferred.
- One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who addresses the importance of leadership in their local business community and/or describes qualities of leadership in their school, job or volunteer work in their essay.
- Preference given to a single head of household with dependent children.
- Donor favors community leadership with other qualifications being equal, candidate with a history of community leadership is preferred.
Criteria for renewal:
- This scholarship is awarded, for two semesters, if a minimum GPA of 2.75 is achieved and a minimum of 9 credit hours are completed each semester.
- Qualifying candidate may reapply for two more semesters but must go through application process with a maximum of four semesters at TCC.