Professional Aviation Maintenance Association Scholarship
Criteria for eligibility:
• Must be currently enrolled at or entering Tarrant County College.
• Must intend to pursue an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology.
• Must have a minimum TCC GPA of 2.5 OR
• Must have a high school equivalent or a passing GED score if a first-time TCC student.
• Must enroll as a full-time student, up to a maximum of 17 credit hours, in the Aviation Maintenance Technology program, taking a full load per the flow of classes outlined by the Aviation Department.
• This scholarship will fund only AERM classes to include tuition, fees and textbooks plus the Federal Aviation Administration written examinations at the rate assessed for a Tarrant County resident, as calculated on an annual basis.
• Must be a legal resident of the United States (cannot complete FAA certification otherwise).
• Must not have been convicted, in the past calendar year, or be convicted while receiving scholarship funds, for a violation of any federal or state statutes pertaining to narcotic drugs, marijuana and depressants or stimulant drugs or substances.
• Must become a member of the Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter of the Professional Aviation Maintenance Association.
• Must attend a PAMA DFW Chapter meeting per semester or write an aviation- related maintenance report as coordinated with the chapter.
• Must complete one testimonial report before graduation that can be placed in the local and national newsletters.
• Preference given to applicants with a history of volunteerism.
• This is a merit-based scholarship and determination of financial need is not required.
Criteria for renewal:
• This scholarship is awarded for the duration of the program, if a minimum semester GPA of 2.5 is achieved and all courses are completed each semester.