Dr. Magdalena de la Teja Abrazando Al Exito Scholarship
• Must be currently enrolled at or entering Tarrant County College with the intent to pursue an associate degree or certificate of completion.
• Must have a minimum TCC GPA of 2.75. A high school equivalent or a passing GED score is acceptable if a first-time TCC student.
• Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours (or full-time enrollment as defined by the recipient’s program) for period of award.
• Must have a minimum cumulative grade of “B” in any developmental coursework taken.
• Must be first generation college student.
• Must include in the application narrative section a response of no more than 200 words to: How has the Hispanic culture influenced your life?
• Must meet federal or state guidelines for financial need.
• Recipient will be invited to attend the Abrazando al Exito celebration in October.
• Recipient will receive a spring scholarship if a minimum semester GPA of 2.5 is achieved and a minimum of 9 credit hours (or full-time enrollment as defined by the recipient’s program) are completed in the fall.