Jim Barros Music Scholarship
• Must be currently enrolled at Tarrant County College pursuing the Associate of Arts Degree in Music with the intent to transfer to a four-year music major degree program.
• Must have a minimum TCC GPA of 2.75 with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in music courses.
• Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours for period of award.
• Must attend the TCC Northeast Campus.
• Must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at TCC.
• Must have successfully completed the following courses: MUSI 1211 and MUSI 1216 before period of award.
• Must have successfully completed or currently enroll in MUSI 1212 and MUSI 1217.
• Must enroll in private lessons, recital lab and at least one music ensemble.
• This is a merit-based scholarship and determination of financial need is not required.
• Recipient will receive a spring scholarship if a minimum semester GPA of 2.75 is achieved (with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in music courses) and a minimum of 9 credit hours are completed in the fall.
- $885 per semester